(+8 GMT) before the undead come to life

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bwa-har-har

Ola! And so pre-production begins. I'm back again this time around I'm particularly excited because Gavin has graciously agreed to let me design the costumes as well. (upon which I surrendered my nutcracker, which incidently was a gift from Gavin after The Homecoming..ha) Well, I'm holding my breath for this one, both in anticipation and anxiety. It's an ambitious project; I have to figure out how to introduce, let alone sustain some of the more grotesque elements of a horror play without the help of a WETA workshop, camera tricks and big fat budget. But that makes it all the more fun, I think... I've already started with some cursory research and ideas, hopefully we'll make it work. Resarch for references have also started. I've decided to model the People's Revolutionaries after the Black Panthers, simply because they were the first movement that popped into my head when I read the script the first time around But anyway, more on all of that later.

I've worked with most of the cast before, but never this specific bunch collectively. After the first reading last night, I know it's going to be great fun. I mean, even if the production design turns out shite, at least I know I would have had fun doing it. Night all!

1 Comments:

Blogger thetracy said...

heys, stumbled here by chance. looking forward to reading more as FIL progresses. have fun, all.

tracy
www.xanga.com/tracyewong

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home