(+8 GMT) before the undead come to life

Friday, September 01, 2006

An Introduction.

Hello. My name is Michael Chen. I have been casted as Juan Thomas Navarro or better known as Cockatoo in FiL.

I am relatively new with theatre having been in my very first play (outside the safety of my school walls) in 2003 called "Harakiri". Then I had small little iddy-biddy roles in Joe Hasham's "Julius Caesar" last December 2005 (which was where I met Gavin proper) and another iddy-biddy role in Dato' Faridah's "Going North" last February 2006 ... and now having this kick-ass role of Cockatoo in FiL (which is a much bigger role than the 2 previous and recent roles) - its been a helluva ride.

We had loads of fun today - at the 3rd reading of the play - Gavin told us to go crazy and don't worry about going over the top. It was bloody hilarious! Rehearsals for this play is definitely something I look forward to everyday.

Anywho, I'm humbled and grateful to be in a play with such an amazing cast of established actors. *Turning into sponge mode - to absorb everything I can from this play ...

So there's my brief intro of myself - a proud cast member of FiL ...

This'll definitely be a bloody cool play to watch out for! So clear your calendars for late Oct and early Nov!

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home